Katowice, Chorzów, Świętochłowice, and Sosnowiec – many changes in the tram transport
The beginning of April will bring many changes in the organisation of tram transport on the routes connecting Katowice and Chorzów, Katowice and Sosnowiec, and also Świętochłowice and Chorzów. In certain places the tram traffic will be restarted, in others - suspended. All that is related to the implementation of investment tasks carried out by the company Tramwaje Śląskie S.A.
Katowice – Chorzów
Because of the construction works of the new tram line along Grundmanna street in Katowice, both tram routes connecting Katowice and Chorzów are discontinued. From Saturday, the 1st of April, in accordance with the previous information, the tram traffic will be restarted, both on Gliwicka street and along Chorzowska street. On Gliwicka street the trams will be running already on two new tracks, while on Chorzowska street the tram traffic between the Dąb Huta Baildon and Katowice Stęślickiego stops will be carried out on one track.
Chorzów – Świętochłowice
In Świętochłowice, from the beginning of February, the modernisation works are carried out on the tram track integrated with the roadway of Katowicka street, on the fragment between the boundary with Chorzów and Żołnierska street. The job is divided into stages, the first of which, comprising the section from Armii Krajowej street in Chorzów to the intersection with Wolności street, just comes to the end. From the 1st of April the tram traffic between Świętochłowice and Chorzów Batory will be restarted, and the contractor will start the implementation of stage two, from the Chorzów side of Wolności street to the intersection with Katowicka street. Thereby this section will be closed for the tram traffic.
Because of the above modernisation works, starting on Saturday, the 1st of April, changes in the organisation of the tram traffic will be introduced:
- the operation of lines 0, 23, and 43 will be restarted on their permanent routes;
- temporary tram lines 41, 59, and 60 will be suspended;
- trams of line 7 will be running on the route: Katowice Zawodzie Zajezdnia – Chorzów Batory Dworzec PKP – Świętochłowice Mijanka – Bytom pl. Sikorskiego according to the new timetable;
- trams of line 9 will be running on the route: Bytom pl. Sikorskiego – Chebzie Pętla – Chorzów Batory Zajezdnia according to the new timetable;
- trams of line 17 will be running on the route: Bytom pl. Sikorskiego – Piaśniki Skrzyżowanie – Chorzów Batory Zajezdnia according to the new timetable;
- trams of line 19 will be running on the route: Katowice pl. Wolności – Chorzów Rynek – Chorzów Batory Zajezdnia according to the new timetable;
- trams of line 49 will be running on the route: Bytom Stroszek Zajezdnia – Bytom pl. Sikorskiego – Bytom Łagiewniki Zajezdnia according to the new timetable;
- temporary line No 62 will be started, operating on the route: Katowice Zawodzie Zajezdnia – Katowice Rynek – Chorzów Batory Dworzec PKP – Chorzów Rynek – Katowice Rondo – Katowice Rynek – Katowice Brynów Centrum Przesiadkowe;
- for tram lines 3, 5, and 10 the routes will be changed, for the initial and final journeys, and the timetable will change;
- timetables will change for tram lines 13, 16, 36, 37, and 46;
- the substitute bus transport will be started, marked as T-9, operating between Chorzów Rynek and Świętochłowice Mijanka stops;
- the operation of substitute bus line T-7 will be suspended.
Katowice – Sosnowiec
From the beginning of April, the modernisation of the section of tram line going along Obrońców Westerplatte street, between Wańkowicza and Korczaka streets, will be started. This is a 600 m long section of the double-track tram line, situated between the fragments modernised in previous years by the company Tramwaje Śląskie S.A. The investment project comprises not only the track, but also the bridge on the Rawa river, and the pavements and the roadway adjacent to the track, on which a Vienna type stop, Szopienice Poczta, will originate. The construction works will be carried out at the tram traffic stopped completely. Thereby the trams will not be running between the Katowice Zawodzie depot and the Szopienice Kościół stop. Between the 1st and the 3rd of April the contractor will be installing the technological point switch, which will enable line 15, arriving from Sosnowiec to Szopienice, to be started.
From the initial journeys on Saturday, the 1st of April 2023:
- lines 14, 15, 26, and 34 will be suspended (line 15 only till the 3rd of April);
- line No 35 will be started, operating on the route: Sosnowiec Zagórze Rondo Jana Pawła II – Sosnowiec Milowice Pętla (on Monday, the 3rd of April, line 35 will be operating with an increased frequency).
From the initial journeys on Tuesday, the 4th of April 2023:
- line 15 will be served by bidirectional vehicles on a shortened route: Sosnowiec Zagórze Rondo Jana Pawła II – Katowice Szopienice Kościół according to the changed timetable.
From Saturday, the 1st of April 2023, substitute bus transport will be started:
- T-14, running between: Katowice Zawodzie Centrum Przesiadkowe and Mysłowice Poczta;
- T-15, running between: Sosnowiec Urząd Miasta and Katowice Zawodzie Centrum Przesiadkowe (only on the 1st to the 3rd of April);
- T-34, running between: Katowice Zawodzie Centrum Przesiadkowe and Katowice Szopienice Pętla.
Changes will also comprise a few bus lines. The detailed message, comprising all changes introduced from the 1st of April, is available on the ZTM website, in the News - Messages tab. For more information the passengers can also call the free ZTM hot line, working round-the-clock (800 16 30 30).
source: Tramwaje Śląskie
Świętujemy Dzień Dziecka z najmłodszymi Pasażerami
Nasze stoiska z drobnymi upominkami dla dzieci będzie można spotkać aż w czterech miastach, od 1 do 4 czerwca.
Got a ticket for a match? You do not pay for the ride
The persons watching two matches played at the ArcelorMittal Park in Sosnowiec will be able to use for free the ZTM transport on the day of the game.