1) Buying a ‘1m/20 min’ ticket, is it possible to use it within one city and travelling longer than 20 minutes?
Single travel tickets entitle to travel in two options: zone or time. That means, that depending on the passenger needs, the ride may be:
- within a given number of zones (1, 2, or 3 cities - depending on the ticket type) without time limitations and without a possibility of transfers, or
- during a specified time (20, 40, or 60 minutes - depending on the ticket type) without zone limitations and with a possibility of transfers.
Example: If a passenger travels within two cities based on a ‘2m/40 min’ ticket, then it does not matter, whether (s)he exceeded the 40 minutes ride, but that (s)he has a ticket for two cities.
2) Is the student’s concession limited to a specific age?
No, the student’s concession is without age limitations, however, it does not apply to post-graduate or doctoral courses.
3) What are the tickets in force on metropolitan and airport lines?
A standard tariff is in force on metropolitan and airport lines. They may be used based on all ZTM tickets. Detailed information on the ticket offer may be found on the ZTM website in the Buy a ticket or charge ŚKUP tab.
4) Where is it possible to return a long-term ticket?
Tickets may be returned at Passenger Service Points.
5) Where are Passenger Service Points situated?
Passengers have 10 Passenger Service Points available, situated in eight cities: Katowice, Bytom, Chorzów, Gliwice, Piekary Śląskie, Sosnowiec, Tychy, and Tarnowskie Góry. Detailed addresses are available on the ZTM website in the Buy a ticket or ŚKUP - Service Points tab.
6) Is it possible to buy ZTM tickets via a mobile phone?
Yes, ZTM tickets are available in the following applications: Mobilny ŚKUP, SkyCash, mPay, moBILET, and Jakdojade. All ZTM tickets are available in the case of the first application, in the others - single travel and medium-term.
7) Is it possible to travel using one ticket by the ZTM and Koleje Śląskie transport?
Yes, it is possible based on Metrotickets and tickets ‘24h+Kolej’. This is a special offer dedicated to passengers using the ZTM urban transport (trams, trolleybuses, and buses) and Koleje Śląskie trains. Metrotickets are monthly tickets, available only in the electronic form - they are encoded on a personalised ŚKUP card. Passengers have 7 variants of Metrotickets to choose. Instead, ‘24h+Kolej’ tickets are bearer tickets, valid for 24 hours from the date and time selected during the purchase, or from the date and time of purchase, or from the moment of activation. More information on Metrotickets and ‘24h+Kolej’ may be obtained on the ZTM website in the Buy a ticket or ŚKUP - Price List tab.
8) Can an 8-year old child travel for free by the ZTM transport?
Yes, children and youth from 7 to 16 years of age, having the place of residence in the area of GZM, can travel by the ZTM transport free of charge. The condition consists in encoding a special concession on a ŚKUP card.
9) Is it possible to buy a ticket from a driver of the ZTM transport?
Yes, albeit passengers can buy from a driver only a ‘Sieć/90 min’ ticket, therefore we encourage to choose another sales channel.
10) Where is it possible to find information on the planned and current changes in the ZTM transport?
It is best to find the planned changes in the urban transport on the ZTM website in the Plan your trip - Timetables - Messages tab. Current changes in the ZTM transport are available on the ZTM-Alert on Facebook profile.
11) Is it possible to suspend a ticket?
No, passengers cannot suspend ZTM tickets, but they can return long-term or multi-ride tickets recorded on a ŚKUP card. Tickets may be returned at Passenger Service Points. More information on tickets return may be obtained on the ZTM website in the Buy a ticket or ŚKUP - 14 tab. Tickets return.
12) Can a ‘2 Miasta 30’ ticket be valid in the area of 2 municipalities, which are not neighbours?
Yes, but if the selected two cities (municipalities) are not neighbours, the ticket does not entitle to travel in the area of cities (municipalities) situated between the selected cities (municipalities).
13) How can a passenger recover the luggage lost in the ZTM transport?
In the case of leaving the luggage in a vehicle running to the ZTM order, the passenger should contact directly the operator serving the line, on which the luggage was left. The operators data are available on the ZTM website with timetables in the Operators tab. Which operator serves a specific line may be also checked on the ZTM website with timetables, selecting a specific line number (information on the carrier is available at the page bottom).
14) Where is it possible to file an application, claim, complaint?
15) Is it possible to carry an animal in the ZTM transport vehicles and is it necessary to pay a fare for it?
Passengers can transport a household animal in vehicles, observing the regulations on persons and luggage transport in the urban transport organised by the Metropolitan Transport Authority (ZTM), which is available on the transport organiser website, in the Buy a ticket or ŚKUP - Transport regulations tab. No fare is paid for the transport of an animal.
16) What a metropolitan concession is? For whom is it intended, and what should be done, to enjoy it?
The metropolitan concession entitles to free travelling by the urban transport organised by the ZTM. It is intended for children and youth from 7 up to 16 years of age, living in the area of municipalities, members of the GZM, and in the area of municipalities, which have signed an agreement with the GZM. It must be encoded on a ŚKUP card. It is encoded only once. A valid school ID with the address of residence is indispensable. In the case of new school IDs, which do not contain the address, a certificate from school providing the place of residence, or a proper residence certificate from the municipality or city office is necessary. The concession may be encoded only at Passenger Service Points.